Monday, February 13, 2012

Day 7 - A Film That Reminds You of Your Past

I have the perfect answer for this Topic, but unfortunately its a little bit touchy. But its such a perfect match-up that I have to use it. So today's 30 Day Challenge topic is "A Film that Reminds you of your past". Hm. Well readers, the film that I have chosen is Stealing Beauty


I've been meaning to review this movie since 2011, since it's touched me rather deeply, but I just haven't been able to write anything right. I suppose the time has come, and for the sake of the 30 Day Challenge, I'm going to do it!

Huzzah!

Stealing Beauty (1996) stars Liv Tyler as nineteen year old Lucy. Lucy travels on her own to Italy to visit family friends in a Tuscan Villa. Lucy has two main motives for her travels: 
1.) To try to find out who her real father is.
2.) To meet up with the boy she fell in love with a few years before.


A few months ago I traveled alone, and my trip went exactly like Lucy's for the longest time. We both flew on a plane, took a train, and rode in taxi cabs to get to our destination. 


This touches my heart directly and honestly takes me right back to my own travels. I listened to the Stealing Beauty soundtrack on my adventure.
The soundtrack. 
Oh god, it's so good. 
I don't think I'll ever be able to listen to it again, thus my broken heart, but the soundtrack is so, so, so good. 

I remember sitting on a passenger train in the nighttime, my head pressed against the dark window with 2 Wicky playing softly in my earbuds. Oh, life.     


So this movie is incredibly beautiful. It covers happiness, loss, confusion, sadness, all of it. And of course Liv Tyler is incredibly beautiful and even if you're a straight female Liv is still immensely enjoyable to watch. Although this film doesn't leave you feeling fulfilled or happy, it is a beautiful movie sporting gorgeous cinematography and an enjoyable soundtrack. Obviously I recommend it. 


Boys, not convinces? 
You get to see Rachel Weisz naked.


-Captain

No comments:

Post a Comment