Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Day 1 - Your Favorite Film

So it's Day 1 of the 30 Day Film Challenge, and today's subject is: "Your Favorite Film." Well that's easy! My favorite movie is Quentin Tarantino's Reservoir Dogs


FAVESIES! 

I first saw this movie when I was in the 11th grade, and let me tell you, I loved it right from the start. I admire Quentin Tarantino's movies because they are so well done. The dialogue in his films is always believable and realistic, and he has a real knack for telling a cool story. Might I also add, it was also the first time I saw Tim Roth in a movie... and all I have to say on that topic is: 

  So Much Love.   
~(^I wish I could add glitter to that^)~
 ...Sooo much glitter...

The cast also includes Harvey Keitel, Steve Buscemi, Michael Madsen, and (of course) Quentin Tarantino. 


So Reservoir Dogs is a movie about a diamond heist... gone wrong. The hired thieves start flipping out when they realize that one of them is a rat... but which one? Tensions rise and a bleeding Mr. Orange is dragged into the warehouse and it's an absolute gong show.

LOVE IT.

He's still hot. Even while he's bleeding to death.

My Crush on Mr. Orange aside, all the characters in this movie are really cool. Tarantino has a talent for creating characters that are believable in a really twisted way. Steve Buscemi's character, Mr. Pink, is hilarious. You really just have to love the characters in this film. It's so quotable and fantastic! One of my favorite quotes from Reservoir Dogs is something Mr. Orange says to himself while he's giving himself a pep-talk. He says: 
"Don't pussy out on me now. They don't know. They don't know shit. You're not gonna get hurt. You're fucking Barretta. They believe every fucking word 'cause you're super cool."
Whenever I need a little reassurance, I write that down on a sticky note and keep it somewhere I can see it.  

That quote kept me inspired in the ER, during my overnight hospital stay, and on my solo travels.

Thanks for the inspiration, broski.

Personal mushiness aside, I think that Reservoir Dogs is an amazing movie. Although some of you may not appreciate the fact that the entire movie is full of foul language and lots and lots of blood. But I really think it's worth a watch, especially if you admire Quentin Tarantino. 

Michael Madsen as Mr. Blonde
  
I would also like to add that the soundtrack to this movie is bitchin'! I bought the CD and I'm listening to it constantly. It doesn't get any cooler than K-Billy's Super Sounds of the 70's Weekend! 
The opening diner scene = amazing
So there you have it, folks! My favorite movie. I highly recommend it to all that aren't squeamish at the sight of blood. I truly appreciate every second of this movie, and I hope you do too! :)
-Captain 

"And don't forget, tip your waitress!"

No comments:

Post a Comment