Monday, February 6, 2012

Day 4 - A Film You Watch to Feel Down

I think I need to make up for lost time, thus 2 posts in one day. See, as a University Student, I am unable to make daily commitments. This 30 Day challenge will likely drag out to a 30 Year challenge if I don't double post every now and again. So the 2nd topic of the day is "A Film you watch to feel down." Err... ok? I know the answer to that. But really? Do I really want to talk about downer things? Sigh. I guess I'll have to. But first, I want to talk about my longing for a pet Koala



I WANT A KOALA SO FREAKING BAD.
*ALSO*
Last night I had a dream about Wallabies.

Oh my freaking goodness for the love of God can I please cuddle a Wallaby???

Readers, I think it's become clear: my longing for a Koala, dreaming about Wallabies... 
I need to go to Australia.
~When I'm in Australia I shall adopt a Koala and a Wallaby.~
I already have the whole thing planned. I've even picked out names for my Australian pets. I think I want to name my Koala Robert. Or Phillip. If I name him Robert I'll make him wear a tie. I still don't know what I'm going to name my Wallaby, but when I find out I'll let you know!

Ok. Back to Movies. The movie I watch to feel down is My Sister's Keeper

 
For those of you who don't know, My Sister's Keeper is a movie about a young teenager that has leukemia. The entire movie is an up and down roller coaster of emotion, and I cry almost every time I watch it. But don't get me wrong, I really like this movie. I think it's so well done, and the acting was really good. But I only seem to watch this movie when I'm in a bit of a bad mood, I suppose that why I've chosen it as the movie I "watch to feel down." 

The way I feel after this movie isn't down... I feel like my entire soul has been cleansed with my own tears. It makes me cry like that Make a Wish Foundation commercial with the boy that loves hockey. 



That commercial chokes me up each time. 

Man... I can't imagine being told that my life would be ending soon. I think that's too much. And it's really sad that this is a problem kids have to deal with. :( 
You know, when I finally get around to adopting my Australian pets, I'll bring them to children's hospitals to visit sick kids. They'll love cuddling with Robert/Phillip, the potentially tie wearing Koala, and they'll also adore [Insert Wallaby's name here] as he hops around the hospital room in a Super Man cape. He'll be even cuter than this photo of Patrick Kane at the All Stars competition in Ottawa: 
Kaner looks adorbs in hipster glasses. Me Likey.
-Captain

No comments:

Post a Comment