Wednesday, November 16, 2011

10 Movie Scenes that make me laugh like an idiot

Readers, I have been in the strangest mood these past few days! 



Yes, really. 

I'm honestly feeling probably every single emotion known to man all at once! It feels a bit like this: 

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON INSIDE MY BRAIN???

I won't go into details... (one must remain mysterious on the internet), but allow me to perform a simple mathematical equation, to help you understand. (Because here at the Cinema Club, we're all gifted mathematicians!) 

*ahem*

1adventure x 3(24) + cute boy x airplanes = happiness/stress = confused + hockey + Cheeky Finn = happy + Tim Hortons x chocolate + fluffy kitty = glee - lack of texting(2) = depressed. √depression = 5. 5(-1[cold weather]) + belly ache = misery - 1200mg Advil + T3 + ponies = 
A VERY ODD MOOD. 

My math is immaculate.

Now, my best friend Parachutefan would recommend drinking tea. According to her, tea fixes everything. Yeah, she sounds like a Tetley Commercial. I personally think that the best way to overcome any sort of bad mood is by laughing. So here I have compiled a list of 10 movie scenes that make me laugh. Like a crazy person. 

Hilarity ensues.

The following clips are in no particular order.
 Enjoy.  

10. Daddy would you like some sausages?
From Freddy Got Fingered




 Now, I've never actually seen Tom Green's Freddy Got Fingered, but back in High School a guy in my class was playing this scene on his computer. And was giggling. Uncontrollably. I asked to see what he was looking at, and... well... I started laughing too. This clip always cracks me up. Like, hardcore cracks me up. I don't know what it is about a bunch of sausages hanging from strings and a very poorly played keyboard that's so funny, but it just works. PS: I think this scene is almost funnier if you've never seen the movie. Because we have no idea what the hell is going on. And it's hilarious.  
 

9. Dug's Squirrel Joke
From UP



"HA! It is funny because the squirrel is dead!"
Priceless.


8. I'm in a glass case of emotion!
From Anchorman



I love the movie Anchorman. It had me laughing from start to finish. This particular scene, where Ron Burgundy is bawling in a telephone booth after his dog, Baxter, was punted off a bridge by none other than Jack Black- is particularly hysterical. "I hit him with a burrito!" and "I'M TRAPPED IN A GLASS CASE OF EMOTION!" It doesn't get any better than that. 
(The extended clip is available here: [Link])


7. She took a nosedive from the Ugly Tree
From Saving Private Ryan


Alright, so we all know that Sexy Saturday alumnus Matt Damon is adorable. And he is also very funny. And his laugh? Oh his laugh is contagious! He laughs and smiles, and you can't help but laugh and smile with him. This particular scene from Spielberg's masterpiece Saving Private Ryan is very well written and well acted. It is more or less impossible to watch this scene without at least cracking a smile.


6. I just couldn't get the ball in the hole!
From Happy Gilmore


Happy Gilmore is one of my favorite movies, and easily my favorite Adam Sandler flick. I think this scene is exceptionally comical. I don't beat people up often at all... but when the next opportunity rolls around, I'm doing it like this. 


5. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of Elderberries!
From Monty Python and the Holy Grail


So Monty Python is hilarious, and this entire film had us all in stitches. But I believe it is the insulting Frenchmen that really take the cake. FECHER LA VACHE! 

4. The Printer Smash Scene
From Office Space


Does this look familiar to anyone? Hmm? Even if you haven't seen Office Space, you've probably seen this before. In that episode of Family Guy when Brian and Stewie destroy Peter's Surfin' Bird Record. I find the whole drama of this scene to be particularly funny and very well done. And I'm almost positive all of us have wanted to do that to a printer before. Because as we know, Printers are Brats.

3. Tom Cruise's dance
From Tropic Thunder


If you've seen Tropic Thunder, you know that every line out of Tom Cruise's mouth was insanely profane, atrocious and outright hilarious. But it was the final scene of the movie, when Tom Cruise gets gets his groove on, that had me in stitches. It was because of this movie (and this scene in particular) that I now respect Tom Cruise. Best. Performance. Ever. 

2. HEY! There are skittles in there!
From The Hangover


My inner dude comes out when I say that I thought The Hangover was heeelariouuuss. During my High School Graduation Ceremony, the calculus teacher actually [slightly] modified Alan's One Man Wolf Pack Speech and presented it in front of our grad class and our families. He somehow related it to graduating but I can't remember how. Anyways, it was hysterical. I always knew he was a cool teacher but that just affirmed this fact for the rest of time. Anyways, this scene, where Alan's man-purse (or "satchel") is thrown to the ground and stomped on and Alan screams "HEY! There are skittles in there!" I can't help but laugh. The urgency with which he defended those skittles is just ridiculous. Whoever wrote that joke is amazing. Just like the Calc teacher.


1. Three Point Turn
From Austin Powers



You know the expression LMAO? Right, well I practically did that while watching this scene. I almost puked I was laughing so hard. And when he gets the car completely jammed? I very nearly ROFLed. This scene goes down as comedy gold in my books.

And thus concludes The Cinema Club's article on hilarious movie scenes. I hope this brought you as much joy as it did to me, and you just don't think I have a demented sense of humor. :) 

I wish he was my uncle.

El Capitain OUT!

A la douce memoire de Maxime St-Cyr, Comedien


No comments:

Post a Comment