Saturday, April 23, 2011

Sexy Saturday: Gerard Butler

This week's sexy Saturday first started out as a reluctant favor for my friend. But as I was doing research on this week's winner, I came to realize that he is, in fact, worthy of this week's Sexy Saturday Crown. So guys, this week I bring to you:

Gerard Butler!

Gerard James Butler was born on November 13th, 1969 in Paisley, Scotland. He has two brothers and a sister. 

Gerry has appeared in many popular films, such as P.S I Love You (2007)300 (2006), How To Train Your Dragon (2010), Gamer (2009), Law Abiding Citizen (2009), Phantom of the opera (2004) and many more. So he's proven to be a talented actor, but did you know that he's also a trained lawyer? Cool, eh? He's also spent a part of his childhood in Canada.

I find it interesting how his nickname in real life was also his name in P.S I Love You.

Gerry!

So what makes Gerry here prime Sexy Saturday material? 
Well I personally like the fact that he's 6'2, fit, with messy brown hair and pretty blue eyes. But I'm sure lots of you out there really just want to see him shirtless. 

Sigh. You're welcome.
Now I read something rather interesting, apparently Gerry here actually has grayish green eyes, but they appear blue onscreen. Hmmm. Interesting indeed.

True eye color clearly visible here.
Now I'm sure lots of you will be very pleased to hear that this Scottish babe does a bit of charity work! He supports Artists for peace and Justice, which provides education and food and water for children who desperately need it. You can read about this great cause [here]

Gerry doesn't hesitate to dip into his wallet for a good cause!

Disaster relief never looked so good?
Oh, and P.S.... he sings. 
(This is perhaps one of the cutest movie scenes... ever...)

I personally think this picture of Gerry is enough to turn anyone's knees to jelly. Except maybe a straight man's: 

Drool.
Now although Gerard likes to come across as a bit of a bad boy (Ahem, King Leonidas...), we all know that Gerry is actually a good boy :) Though there was a bit of a scandal where he allegedly "smacked a dog" and yelled some mean things. When in reality Gerry was just protecting his pug, Lolita, from a greyhound. Dumb story. 

Don't worry, Gerry! We believe you!
I find it amusing how he seems to be having a bit of a chuckle in the above photo. To be honest, I believe the only real Gerard Butler scandal are those unfortunate Pink Swim shorts photos of him in Bermuda.... I'm not a big enough Gerry fan to embrace those. 
Facepalm.
So all in all, Gerard Butler seems to be a pretty cool dude. He broke my heart and made me cry like an infant in P.S I Love You, He was an absolute beast in 300, and he was a protective manly-man in Gamer. And here at The Cinema Club, that's what we like. :)

El Capitain OUT!

This one's for you, L.W.
 

2 comments:

  1. GAH! So sexy!!!!! Finally you picked a REAL man to be your sexy saturday winner. In fact I think that every tuesday should be "Oh MY GOD! Have you seen Gerard Butler, such a BABE!!" tuesday..... Just an idea... give it a thought :D

    ReplyDelete