Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Incredible Hulk

Though I never read comic books, I've always gotten a sense of joy from watching movies based on Marvel Comics! Think: Iron man, Spider man, the Hulk, etc. I think there's something so wonderful to be found from something that cheesy. So today, I think it would be fun to discuss The Incredible Hulk (2008). 

The Incredible Hulk, starring Edward Norton, Liv Tyler, and, GASP, Tim Roth (!) is pretty much a re-do of Hulk (2003), starring Eric Bana, Jennifer Connelly and sam Elliott. The Incredible Hulk (TIH), follows more or less the same story line, where Bruce Banner (in this case played by Edward Norton) is exposed to gamma radiation in an experiment gone wrong (or "very right", according to the general). What does this gamma radiation do to Mr. Banner, you may ask? Well, whenever his pulse gets racing at 200bpm, he turns into the giant green monster we all know as THE HULK

HULK IS ANGRY
  Now, the aspect of this film that I truly admire, is that they cast an actor that I really like LOVE: Tim Roth! Tim Roth plays Emil Blonsky, a soldier that, in my humble opinion, is suffering a bit of a mid-life Crisis ... at the age of 39. So when he's offered the chance to become a super soldier, Blonsky accepts. And awesome stuff like this starts to happen:
yummy. 
But like almost every villain in the history of movies, Blonsky keeps wanting MORE. To the point where he doesn't mind becoming a nasty looking harbinger of death, otherwise known as "The Abomination". 

From HOT...
...To NOT

Aside from Blonsky's major Faux-Pas, I found this movie to be very entertaining, in several aspects. Not only does it include explosions, the destruction of a chunk of NYC, lots of men running around in uniforms and guns, PLUS a decent story, but it also hosts a cute little love story. Although Edward Norton is not a Stud-muffin, he is pretty darn cute.  


I'll take Norton over Patty's Derp Face any day!
  

 If you throw super-babe Liv Tyler into the mix, things go places pretty fast (if you catch my drift). 
You Know you're jealous.
Now there's a movie couple I give a THUMBS UP. 
All in all, I'd say that TIH is an enjoyable film that's worth watching. Just don't expect a super serious, hard-core action packed, blood n gore extravaganza. TIH is a bit cheesy, and is geared towards younger fans that get a kick out of "HULK SMAAASSSHHHH!!!
But It's a film that I've seen multiple times, and will continue to watch. 

The Hulk and Betty discussing how much they love King Kong?


El Capitain OUT! 

No comments:

Post a Comment