Sunday, March 11, 2012

Day 11 - A Film By Your Favorite Director

Jeebus. At the rate we're going this 30 Day Challenge is going to take A Bagillion Years to finish. Lately I've been feeling a whole cocktail of emotions. After my lovely one managed to break my heart AGAIN, I decided to go MIA for a while, to just scream and cry and behave like the exorcist and get it out of my system. Then on Saturday I went through a brief phase where I was pretty much like: 


But now, Spring is right around the corner and I'm sick and tired of feeling sick and tired. So it's time to forget the bastard, enjoy the outdoors, and keep up with this blogging business. My new mantra and/or reply to all negative comments is going to be: 

Fuck You, I'm Fabulous.

 Yes. It's excellent. And there's even a little Bugs Bunny gif to go with it! 
 


So the Topic to today's 30 Day Challenge is: A Film By Your Favorite Director. Well that's EASY! My Favorite Director is Quentin Tarantino. He was the genius that brought Reservoir Dogs into my life. Since I already reviewed Reservoir Dogs on Day 1, I'm going to talk about a movie that brings me immense joy whenever I see it: Inglourious Basterds.  


Photobucket
My reaction to this movie every damn time.
Oh my goodness. This movie. So amazing. The Canadian Puck Bunny is lost for words (which is pretty bad considering this is a blog and requires many words). 

Before we begin, for those of you planning on trolling my blog and pretentiously informing me that I have spelled both Inglorious and Bastards wrong, here is what I have to say to you: 

 
Photobucket
And listen the fuck to what I have to say.

Quentin Tarantino is cool enough to invent his own way of spelling things (just like I wish I was cool enough to invent my own way of doing math). Tarantino is so bitchin', that during an interview at the Cannes Film festival, when he was asked about the peculiar spelling, Quentin was all: "I'm never going to tell." He later explained that the 'e' in Basterds is because that's how you say it... Basterds. But he will never explain about the U in Inglourious. He said it's "Quentin Tarantino spelling". How freakin' cool is that. 
As a matter of fact, my debut as a filmmaker will start in a remake of Citizen Kane. Only instead of being about Charles Foster Kane and finding out what the fuck Rosebud means, the film will be about Quentin Tarantino and what the U in Inglourious means.  


So Inglourious Basterds is a WWII fantasy film about a group of Jewish American soldiers sent to Germany to assassinate Nazi soldiers. Only its Quentin Tarantino, so it's going to be a little more brutal than that. Brad Pitt plays Lieutenant Aldo Raine, who demands Nazi scalps from his troops. 

   
The movie also stars a whole bunch of peeps that we LOVE here at the Cinema Club.

First of all, we have Melanie Laurent, who was featured here in our Top 10 Hottest Actresses post. 


Another favorite here at the Cinema Club is Michael Fassbender. Oh goodness. He is smokin' hot in this movie. Good lord, I think all us ladies were hot under the collar. First when he used his British accent, and then when he speaks fluent German. Oh, baby!

 
Other cutie that is less popular is Eli Roth. He plays the "bear Jew" that beats Hitler's boys over the head with a baseball bat upon misbehavior.


Man, all those "so and so is a basterd" posters are kinda making me want to be a basterd too...


So, all these guys are cool and awesome but one of the best parts of Inglourious Basterds is the character Hans Landa. Why? He's played by Sexy Saturday alumnus Christoph Waltz!


Goodness gracious that man is gorgeous. Can we not talk about the movie and just adore Christoph Waltz's gorgeousness? 

 
Yes Please. 


I LOVE.

So this movie is amazing, it's instantly quotable, the characters are fantastic, and the fact that its a multilingual bloody adventure by Tarantino makes it even better. 

-Captain

No comments:

Post a Comment