Saturday, October 22, 2011

Sexy Saturday: Rutger Hauer

Guys. sometimes life sucks
Your favorite hockey team just can't seem to win, the people in your life are being difficult, and your workload is just far too much to bear. 

It's been a bad week.
 It's good to know that no matter how blue you may be feeling, there is always a cure. I would like to introduce to you an actor that I have been crushin' on like crazy... I am proud to bring you, for this week's Sexy Saturday... 

Rutger Hauer!
Ohhhh yes!
...wait... 

I think I should rephrase this, so there aren't any misunderstandings. 
Rutger Hauer in the '80s.
(Because right now Rutger Hauer is very old and known for his role as Hobo With a Shotgun. And that doesn't cure depression, it actually worsens it). 
No! D:
Yes! :D
Oh my God, Rutger Hauer.


"Gorgeous" is an understatement. He redefines masculinity and handsomeness. Blonde hair, blue eyes, sexy gravelly voice, and a body that would make any woman weak at the knees. Rutger Hauer is a god. 
Rutger Olsen Hauer was born on January 24th, 1944 in Breukelen, Holland (in the Netherlands). This handsome Dutch actor stands at an impressive 6'1". His nickname? The Dutch Paul Newman. 
Hauer has an interesting biography, as he was known for getting into plenty of mischief as a child and young man.  
The badboy thing comes as no surprise...
 If you aren't convinced yet, allow me to push you over the edge. With this photo


GOOD GOD.
THANK YOU!  

You. Are. BEAUTIFUL.
 So now that we're all on board and agree that Rutger Hauer is AMAZING, allow me to enlighten you on his filmography.
Hauer's roles include (but are not limited to): The Rite (2011), Hobo With a Shotgun (2011) But we're pretending that never happened., Sin City (2005), and Blade Runner (1982). 

Loved him in Blade Runner

 Now, Rutger Hauer starred in a movie that is very close to my heart. My favorite love story, Lady Hawke (1985) is a beautiful story about absolutely true, undying love. Starring alongside Michelle Pfeiffer and Matthew Broderick, Hauer plays the brooding Captain Etienne Navarre. I really could go on and on about this movie, it was so beautiful.  I think that movie alone is cuter than that Sidney Crosby commercial and this photo COMBINED.

This photo is a love story.
     
My heart melts every time.

 Now, part of Hauer's sex appeal comes from his voice. Here's a clip from Blade Runner, for educational purposes:


Ok, so now that my entire audience is in love with this talented, lovely actor, I recommend you all go rent a swack of 80's films starring Mr. Hauer. :)

Ladyhawke, my personal favorite :) Rutger Hauer on my favorite horse breed = an irregular heartbeat and butterflies.

 If 80's films really aren't your thing, you have serious issues I know that Hauer has been in a number of war pieces, and made-for-TV-movies, including Fatherland (1994), Hostile Waters (1986), Tactical Assault (1999), and many more. 

Tune in for this! :)
 Well at the end of the day, My Favorite hockey team still makes me cry, men are still a mystery wrapped in a riddle, and I still have a massive midterm to write on Tuesday. But I suppose these troubles are all a little less with a face like this: 


El Capitain OUT! 

3 comments:

  1. thank you for this appreciation of Rutger, but I have to tell you that he is still a handsome man and very fascinating!! I met him last week because I'm a volunteer of the staff of his film festival in Milan, so I can assure you in person :-)...best regards, Cristina

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg he's just synonymus with masculine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's gorgeous, but my fav look for him is during the eighties in the Hitcher and Flesh & Blood. He was very hot in the Hitcher. Never found his 70s Turks Fruit look attractive at all -to me he looked like a skinny, long haired sleazy little boy like the kind of boys I'm seeing around these days. Yuk. I love manly, masculine, tall, strong,mature men, and Rutger was the epitome of all that during and after Blade Runner. Rutger in the Hitcher is probably the hottest guy I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete